View My Stats

View My Stats

Sunday, April 18, 2010

We headed west on April 8th ahead of an impending storm, but it caught up to us in the Rogers Pass and we spent a good hour at speeds below 40kph. Get used to it...our boat does no better than 7 knots flat out. That's like 8 mph for you land lovers! 2200 knotical miles round trip.......hmmmm.....like back to my tractor driving days.




April 12th was lift out day for bottom painting, hull polishing, replacing pinstripping and changing out zincs. Steel Eagle is all shiny ready to head North!








Then we splashed her back in on April 14th and off to Nanaimo to our new slip. Great fun meeting new neighbors and old friends, Richard and Corrie Solinas.

Off to the "Dingy Dock Pub" for a glass of tea.




















We now await the arrival of Larry and Bev Winters for our scheduled departure north on Tuesday the 20th. Gayle Ward is already here and assisting Wendy on the provisioning task.










2 comments:

  1. Hi guys, sounds like your off to a great start ... Hope the weather is holding out for you. The video is very cute and the BBQ sounds yummy.

    We love the blogs feels like a little part of us is with you ... Ron said best thing ever we will never have to leave again just live threw you guys ... hmm don't know about that one.

    Be safe talk soon
    Penny and Ron :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, I just added you to my "favourites". Now I can follow, vicariously, your bpuntiful lives. Just like I used to do with Hugh Hefner. I hope your blog will be as interesting.

    ReplyDelete